Blast Chiller Repair Specialists
We Repair all Blast Chillers, Blast Freezers & Controlled Thaw Cabinets.
"Our Priority is to keep your equipment in service. We attend site quickly, diagnose the fault and if possible repair the fault from van stock, and leave your equipment working."
Key reasons to use Catercare:
- We have fast response times
- Our engineers are highly skilled, qualified and experienced
- We offer competitive pricing
- We provide bespoke services designed specifically for you
- We are Gas Safe Registered
- We are F-Gas Certified
- We are CCEECC Trained
- All our engineers are DBS enhanced checked
- We carry out due diligence for health & safety and environmental health
- We provide risk assessments & method statements
- We are CHAS Premium Plus accredited (Contractor Health and Safety Assessed)
Helpful Tips to Save you Money
- Pre-chill the cabinet for 30 minutes before the first load to remove interior residual heat.
- Doubling the food thickness triples the cooling time.
- Don’t stack food or containers on top of or alongside one another.
- Covering the food increases cooling time by between 10 and 30 percent.
Blast Chiller Do’s
- Clean the refrigeration coils
- Clean up spillages immediately
- Clean and check your door seals weekly
- Do not restrict the air flow
- Defrost daily
- Visually check compressor fans and vents monthly
- Clean off filters and grills weekly
- Check working temperature monthly
- Arrange regular maintenance by a qualified refrigeration engineer. This will keep your equipment in service and validate new equipment warranties
Blast Chiller Don’t
- Allow fans to be obstructed
- Slam doors
- Chill hot food
- Overload the refrigeration unit and prevent the air flow from circulating
Our Maintenance Schedule
- Inspect all plug tops to equipment for correct fuse rating and tightness of connections. Inspect flexible leads for damage.
- Examine exterior and interior of cabinet for damage.
- Check condition of shelves and supports.
- Inspect door seals and catches.
- Inspect the fans.
- Inspect the vaporiser trays for damage and contamination.
- Test compressor and or condenser under normal operating conditions.
- Check system for refrigerant leaks.
- Check expansion valve where fitted.
- Clean condenser and blow out under high pressure to clear debris.
- Carry out visual inspection of electrical wiring and controls.
- Check defrost operation, heaters and drain pipe.
- Inspect water flow, drain pan, water treatment facility and sensors for calcium contamination.
If you serve hot meals, then you will almost certainly benefit from using a blast chiller or freezer.
Blast chilling & freezing is the only way to ensure food safety and quality. Current food legislation requires that all food must be cooled as quickly as possible.
This means that whenever food is chilled or frozen, it must be in the ‘Danger Zone’ between +8°C and +68°C, where bacteria multiply fastest, for as little time as possible.
To achieve this, a specially designed blast chiller or freezer is required. Standard refrigeration equipment just isn’t capable.
Why putting warm food in a refrigerator just won’t suffice:
The food quality is reduced by damage to the surface texture, water loss and separation during a slow cool down.
Bacteria have time to multiply before a safe temperature is achieved, potentially damaging condensation is created, which can contaminate other food. The refrigerators’ temperature is raised, bringing other food into the ‘Danger Zone’
What is Blast Chilling?
Department of Health Guidelines state that to safely blast chill food, its temperature must be reduced from +70°C to +3°C or below within 90 minutes.
What is Blast Freezing?
The Blast Freeze process requires that food be reduced from a temperature of +70°C to -18°C in no more than 240 minutes.
We repair the following manufactures equipment
AHT | Arcaboa | Autonumis | Blizzard | Cambro | Caravelle | Caterlite | Cellerator | Comersa | Craven | Crystal | Derby | Designline | Electrolux | Elcold | Fagor | Foster Refrigerator | Framec | Frigoglass | Frilixa | Gamko | Genfrost | Gram | Hoshizaki | ISA | Ice-O-Matic | Iarp | IMC | Infrico | Interlevin | J E Hall | Kubus | LEC | Lifestyle | Lincat | Manitowoc | Marstair | Metro | Mercatus | Mondial Elite | Moffat | Polar | Porkka | Precision | Roller Grill | Santos | Sirman | Smeg | Tecfrigo | Tefcold | Trimco | True | Victor | Vouge | Waring | Whrilpool | Williams