We repair all walk-in-chillers, walk-in-freezers, cold rooms & walk-in-blast chillers.
"Our Priority is to keep your equipment in service. We attend site quickly, diagnose the fault and if possible repair the fault from van stock, and leave your equipment working."
Key reasons to use Catercare:
- We have fast response times
- Our engineers are highly skilled, qualified and experienced
- We offer competitive pricing
- We provide bespoke services designed specifically for you
- We are Gas Safe Registered
- We are F-Gas Certified
- We are CCEECC Trained
- All our engineers are DBS enhanced checked
- We carry out due diligence for health & safety and environmental health
- We provide risk assessments & method statements
- We are CHAS Premium Plus accredited (Contractor Health and Safety Assessed)
Helpful tips to save you money
Commercial Refrigeration’s Do’s
- Clean up spillages immediately
- Clean and check your door seals weekly
- Defrost commercial freezers to manufacturers’ instructions
- Visually check compressor fans and vents monthly
- Clean off filters and grills weekly
- Check working temperature monthly
- Arrange regular maintenance by a qualified refrigeration engineer. This will keep your equipment in service and validate new equipment warranties
Commercial Refrigeration’s don’t
- Allow fans to be obstructed
- Slam doors
- Chill hot food
- Overload the refrigeration unit and prevent the air flow from circulating
- Leave the door open
Our maintenance schedule
- Inspect all plug tops to equipment for correct fuse rating and tightness of connections. Inspect flexible leads for damage.
- Examine exterior and interior of cabinet for damage.
- Check condition of shelves and supports.
- Inspect door seals and catches.
- Inspect the fans.
- Inspect the vaporiser trays for damage and contamination.
- Test compressor and or condenser under normal operating conditions.
- Check system for refrigerant leaks.
- Check expansion valve where fitted.
- Clean condenser and blow out under high pressure to clear debris.
- Carry out visual inspection of electrical wiring and controls.
- Check defrost operation, heaters and drain pipe.
- Inspect water flow, drain pan, water treatment facility and sensors for calcium contamination.
Most walk in coolers and freezers manufactured today are constructed of foam insulation bonded between two sheets of sheet metal and come equipped with cam locking devices which lock together to construct the box.
The refrigeration systems that operate within the box are generally, remote, standard top mount, side mount or saddle mount.
Refrigeration systems consist of a condensing unit and an evaporation coil. The condensing unit is located outside the walk-in and the evaporator is located inside the walk-in. The compressor compresses the gas to a liquid. The liquid is then pumped through the condensing unit coil while a fan blows outside air through the coil.
The gas is condensed to a liquid and is then pumped through a small copper pipe into the walk-in to the evaporator coil. There, through the expansion valve located in the evaporator coil the liquid is allowed to expand back into a gas. The expansion of the liquid to a gas causes a rapid chilling of the evaporator coil.
Since heat always flows toward cold, inside the walk-in air is blown across the evaporation coil to let the coil absorb heat from inside the walk-in. The gas is then allowed to exit the walk-in through a larger copper pipe to the condensing unit where it is once again compressed and cooled to a liquid state and returned to the evaporator coil inside the walk-in. This cycle is continually repeated to keep the box cold.
Outdoor coolers and freezer will require weather proofing to help protect against the elements and provide the equipment with longevity and free from breakdowns.
We repair the following manufactures equipment
AHT | Arcaboa | Autonumis | Blizzard | Cambro | Caravelle | Caterlite | Cellerator | Comersa | Craven | Crystal | Derby | Designline | Electrolux | Elcold | Fagor | Foster Refrigerator | Framec | Frigoglass | Frilixa | Gamko | Genfrost | Gram | Hoshizaki | ISA | Ice-O-Matic | Iarp | IMC | Infrico | Interlevin | J E Hall | Kubus | LEC | Lifestyle | Lincat | Manitowoc | Marstair | Metro | Mercatus | Mondial Elite | Moffat | Polar | Porkka | Precision | Roller Grill | Santos | Sirman | Smeg | Tecfrigo | Tefcold | Trimco | True | Victor | Vouge | Waring | Whrilpool | Williams