Commercial Fridge Repair Specialists
We Repair all Commercial Fridges, Chillers, Counters, Cabinets, Milk Chillers, Bottle Chillers & Wine Chillers.
"Our Priority is to keep your equipment in service. We attend site quickly, diagnose the fault and if possible repair the fault from van stock, and leave your equipment working."
Key reasons to use Catercare:
- We have fast response times
- Our engineers are highly skilled, qualified and experienced
- We offer competitive pricing
- We provide bespoke services designed specifically for you
- We are Gas Safe Registered
- We are F-Gas Certified
- We are CCEECC Trained
- All our engineers are DBS enhanced checked
- We carry out due diligence for health & safety and environmental health
- We provide risk assessments & method statements
- We are CHAS Premium Plus accredited (Contractor Health and Safety Assessed)
Helpful tips to save you money
Commercial Refrigeration’s Do’s
- Clean up spillages immediately
- Clean and check your door seals weekly
- Defrost commercial freezers to manufacturers’ instructions
- Visually check compressor fans and vents monthly
- Clean off filters and grills weekly
- Check working temperature monthly
- Arrange regular maintenance by a qualified refrigeration engineer. This will keep your equipment in service and validate new equipment warranties
Commercial Refrigeration’s don’t
- Overload the refrigeration unit and prevent the air flow from circulating
- Allow fans to be obstructed
- Put hot food in
- Leave the door open
- Slam doors
Listed below are the most common conditions or parts that may cause a commercial refrigerator to build up with ice or freeze food. They are:
Temperature Control Thermostat
A defective temperature control thermostat may be the reason for your refrigerator freezing food. Power flows through the condenser fan, evaporator fan and compressor because of the thermostats. Rotate the temperature control thermostat all the way and listen for a click as you do so from stop to stop. If you hear a click, it may be fine but if there’s no click, remove it and check for continuity. If it’s calling for cooling, it has continuity.
A defective thermistor, the sensor connected to the control board that monitors air temperature, may be the reason your refrigerator is freezing food too. The refrigerator may cool continuously or not cool at all if the thermistor is faulty.
Temperature Control Board
The temperature control board, which provides the voltage for the compressor and fan motors, may also be faulty if the refrigerator is cooling food. Be sure to check every other component to be certain this is the cause of the problem as these boards are often misdiagnosed.
Main Control Board
This is not common but the main control board may be defective if your refrigerator is freezing food. Examine the defrost system, fans, damper, and thermostat first.
Damper Control Assembly
If the air damper control is broken or stuck open, your refrigerator will freeze food. The damper is either a manually or automatically operated door which closes and opens to allow less or more cold air get into the refrigerator compartment. Not opening properly means letting too much cold air into the refrigerator.
Our maintenance schedule
- Inspect all plug tops to equipment for correct fuse rating and tightness of connections. Inspect flexible leads for damage.
- Examine exterior and interior of cabinet for damage.
- Check condition of shelves and supports.
- Inspect door seals and catches.
- Inspect the fans.
- Inspect the vaporiser trays for damage and contamination.
- Test compressor and or condenser under normal operating conditions.
- Check system for refrigerant leaks.
- Check expansion valve where fitted.
- Clean condenser and blow out under high pressure to clear debris.
- Carry out visual inspection of electrical wiring and controls.
- Check defrost operation, heaters and drain pipe.
- Inspect water flow, drain pan, water treatment facility and sensors for calcium contamination.
We repair the following manufactures equipment
AHT | Arcaboa | Autonumis | Blizzard | Cambro | Caravelle | Caterlite | Cellerator | Comersa | Craven | Crystal | Derby | Designline | Electrolux | Elcold | Fagor | Foster Refrigerator | Framec | Frigoglass | Frilixa | Gamko | Genfrost | Gram | Hoshizaki | ISA | Ice-O-Matic | Iarp | IMC | Infrico | Interlevin | J E Hall | Kubus | LEC | Lifestyle | Lincat | Manitowoc | Marstair | Metro | Mercatus | Mondial Elite | Moffat | Polar | Porkka | Precision | Roller Grill | Santos | Sirman | Smeg | Tecfrigo | Tefcold | Trimco | True | Victor | Vouge | Waring | Whrilpool | Williams